A Jolt from the Past is the third episode of Ben 10: Omniverse.
|A Jolt from the Past|
|Original broadcast||September 29, 2012|
|Series||Ben 10: Omniverse|
|Episode number in production order||3|
|Overall episode number||153|
|Written by||Eugene Son|
|Directed by||Christopher Berkely|
|Previous episode||[[The More Things Change: Part 2]]|
|Next episode||[[So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies?]]|
The episode opens in the past at the night of the opening of Mr Smoothy. A Nosedeenian appears and starts destroying things, 11 year old Ben Tennyson as Stinkfly comes in and attempts to fight the Nosedeenian but it escapes outside. The Megawhatt absorbs some electricity and multiples prompting Ben to complain that he doesn't have any electrical aliens. Ben suddenly remembers that he has Feedback and uses him to take all the power from the Megawhatts and they fall asleep. Ben feels in such a great mood that he claims nothing can get him down now. Grandpa Max and Gwen arrive and wrap them up in some of Ben's rubber blankets, Grandpa commenting that it's a good thing Ben still needs them prompting Ben to tell Gwen to not even think about it. Skipping to the present 16 year old Ben arrives late with a Smoothie in Max's hangar while Ben tries to make a excuse about being late Max sees through Ben's excuses and informs him that he's not working on his own time table anymore. Ben and Rook Blonko take Rook's Proto-TRUK while at first Ben is disappointed Rook soon reveals the truck's ability to turn into a small ship. While on patrol Rook gets the feeling that Ben is mad at him. Ben corrects him, he's simply bored. Lately he's been more of a tour guide for Rook then a super hero. Rook however is excited about working with Ben, eager to learn if he stacks up to the legends about him. Rook knows that not all of the stories about Ben are true believing for example that Alien X is just a myth created by Ben's fanbase on the Extranet. While on patrol the pair interrupt various Alien incidents, most of them turn out to be misunderstandings on Ben and Rook's part and what few are actual crimes the criminals are too scared of Ben to continue. The pair eventually spot a human, named Corvo, whom is using what looks like a alien tech cell phone connected to a back-pack mounted power source. When they confront the criminal he runs away in his jeep. Ben tries to turn into Big Chill to chase after the criminal but gets Heatblast instead while Rook pursues him from the roof tops. Catching up with the criminal Ben suffers an embarrassing and painful landing when he turns back just above the ground. Questioning the criminal about the alien tech he's carrying the pair soon discover that both the phone and the jeep are powered by Nosedeenians. Rook and Ben gives chase to the small aliens leaving behind the criminal, Rook in his Proto-TRUK and Ben on foot attempting to turn into XLR8 but instead gets Clockwork. Realizing that he's keeping pace with the pair of Megawhatts in the form of the slow alien Ben soon realizes that they want him to follow them. Arriving at a dockside warehouse the Ben and Rook soon discover that dozens of Nosedeenians have been taken prisoner. A pair of criminals capture the escaped Nosedeenians and then Ben and Rook. Corvo arrives with Fistrick, the gang's boss whom reveals that he illegally steals, reverse engineers, mass produces and sells to the highest bidder alien tech powered by the Megawhatts. After Ben and Rook escape the gang's trap, Ben transforms into Bloxxand battles a few gang members. After the Omnitrix times out, Ben attempts to turn into Four Arms to fight the group but instead gets Gravattack yet another new alien Ben doesn't know how to use. To make matters worst the ringleader reveals a exo-skeletal mecha-suit powered by Nosedeenians. The fight is soon taken outside where Ben discovers that he has gravity powers and his own orbit. Rook devises a plan in which Ben holds the ringleader still while Rook uses a well-aimed shot to free the Megawhatt prisoners and is successful. The ringleader uses the last of his power to fire a multitude of missiles at Ben. Ben uses Gravattack's powers to redirect the missiles at the ringleader and defeats him. Max comes in with Plumbers back up and arrests the gang. Max also reveals that the Nosedeenians have volunteered to power Undertown. With the issue resolved Rook suggests they go get smoothies but Ben suggests chili fries instead. The gang then fly away getting into another argument about Alien X.
- The Megawhatts return.
- Stinkfly, Heatblast and Clockwork make their Omniverse debut.
- Gravattack makes his first appearance.
- Corvo, Fistrick and Hoodlum make there debuts.
By 16 year old Ben
- Heatblast (first re-appearance, accidental transformation; selected alien was Big Chill)
- Clockwork (first re-appearance, accidental transformation; selected alien was XLR8)
- Gravattack (Debut; accidental transformation; selected alien was Four Arms)
By 11 year old Ben
- When Ben is selecting Big Chill the hologram interface didn't disappear after the Omnitrix's core opened up.
- When the containment device holding the Nosedeenians is shown, all of them either have the plus symbol and no minus, or none at all. This error is seen many times.
- When the containment device is first shown, it had no Nosedeenians, but in the next scene it was full of them. This error is seen many times.
- When Ben said "shutting you down isn't one of them" the Omnitrix symbol on Rook 's Proto-Tool was all green and didn't have the hourglass symbol on it. This error is also seen when the Megawhatts attack Rook.
- When Young Ben was about to turn into Feedback the button to activate the Omnitrix was on both sides.
- In one scene Gravattack's Omnitrix symbol is on the side of his head, instead of his forehead.
- In the scene where Rook gets shot and Gravattack talks to him, the side of the Omnitrix symbol is the color of Gravattack's skin instead of grey.
- The flashback in this episode reveals that 11 year old Ben didn't like smoothies.