The Omnimatrix (often referred to as the Omnitrix) is one of Azmuth's creations and the current successor of the Ultimatrix. Azmuth by the events of Ultimate Alien had finished making it and claimed that he was working on it ever since Ben got the Prototype (approximately six years). In the same episode, he gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist
|First Appearance||Ultimate Alien|
The Omnitrix resembles a wrist watch. It's face plate is now square instead of round and has a white and green color scheme, the faceplate is black with two green stripes making the shape of the intergalactic peace symbol (but not the colors). When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
- It is a wireless database to the Codon Streamm that allows the user to transform into the available aliens within the Stream (provided that they're unlocked).
- It has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open when the side button is pressed to lock in the selection, the plunger will come out and when pressed will trigger a transformation.
- It adapts the user's clothing to the aliens.
- Azmuth confirmed that there is a Master Control.
- Unlike the Prototype and Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not glitch if it mistransforms its Bens fault.
- The Omnitrix has a digital watch
- The Omnitrix has a lock function which can keep Ben an alien for an extended period of time. But it's not good to do it often.
- The Omnitrix can also add extras to alien forms(e.g.Goop's anti-gravity disk,NRG's suit) in order to make them more usable.
- Like the original model and Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix has the quick change feature.
- In Arrested Development, it is revealed that the Omnitrix has a security lock system so that only Ben Tennyson can use it. It also has an alternate identification program if some change occurs to Ben Tennyson.
- The Omnitrix can be controlled by voice command.
- As shown in Arrested Development, unlike the Prototype Omnitrix and Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not scale to the wearer's wrist.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer function, which means that Ben will transform into several random aliens for a short period of time.
|Active Mode||Active Mode is the Omnitrix's default mode. Normally Active Mode is active when the Omnitrix can be used and nothing is wrong.|
|Recharge Mode||Recharge Mode's main purpose is to keep the Omnitrix from damaging the user. Recharge Mode is activated when the Omnitrix runs out of time. Recharge Mode is deactivated automatically, once a certain period of time has passed.|
The Omnitrix had a total of at least 1,000,910 aliens, 83 unlocked aliens and 60 named aliens. Ben has transformed into 56 out of 60 listed.
If the "When and How unlocked" field is blank, then that means that the alien was already synced to the Ultimatrix before its deativation.
|Alien||When and how it was Unlocked/Obtained|
|Ball Weevil||Unlocked through unknown circumstances|
|Bloxx||Unlocked through unknown circumstances|
|Crashhopper||Unlocked through unknown circumstances|
|Feedback||Unlocked by forgiveness|
|Gravattack||Unlocked through unknown circumstances|
|Kickin Hawk||Unlocked by scanning Liam|
|Molestache||Unlocked by Blukic and Driba|
|Pesky Dust||Unlocked by Blukic and Driba|
|Walkatrout||Unlocked by Blukic and Driba|
Other Known Aliens
These are aliens that have been named and confirmed to exist. They were never shown to be unlocked or transformed into in Ultimate Alien and have yet to be seen in Omniverse.
- Derrick J. Wyatt stated that if there are any "mistransformations", it's Ben's fault.
- Derrick J. Wyatt confirmed that Ben has access to all of his old aliens in Omniverse.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, the Galvan were the first species added into the Omnitrix but that the sample came from neither Azmuth nor Albedo.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, the Omnitrix doesn't have the evolutionuary feature added into the Ultimatrix by Albedo.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, the new aliens weren't ever locked in the Omnitrix.
- In Hot Stretch, it was revealed that the Omnitrix can keep Ben as an alien for 15 minutes, give or take a couple of minutes.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, the Omnitrix doesn't take the Ultimates' DNA.
- Derrick confirmed that the Omnitrix in Omniverse is a reference to the Dial H comic book.
- It is shown in Ben Again that the Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix even with no intent by the user.
- According to Derrick, there were technical glitches in the second Omnitrix and Ultimatrix that limited the positioning of the Omnitrix during transformations. This actually caused interference with the transformations such as power glitches. Azmuth has reformatted and corrected these errors in the new Omnitrix.